Mechanical Repair Coverage
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage can help deflect some risk of costly future, covered repairs keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With different coverage levels and deductibles to choose, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that’s safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs and ignoring other repairs can be dangerous.
Benefits of the program*:
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada
- Rental reimbursement: up to $35/day for 1-5 days (1-10 days for parts delay. Available on first day of covered repair.)
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance: up to $100 per use. Includes towing, battery jump start, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement: up to $200 per day 1-5 days for food, lodging and rental when a breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home. (Not available to NY residents.)
- Transferable: to increase resale value. Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Cancelable: receive a full refund within the first 60 days or a pro-rated refund thereafter less an administrative fee.
- No out of pocket expense at time of mechanical repair: (except for any deductible and any repairs not covered by the policy)–the covered repair is paid directly to the authorized repair facility.
- Ask about deductible options
CARFAX Vehicle History Reports
When you finance the purchase of a used auto with us, we run a CARFAX Vehicle History Report at no cost to you. A CARFAX History Report provides a snapshot of a vehicle’s history so you can avoid buying a car with costly hidden problems. The report contains important information such as accident and repair history, odometer readings, factory recall information, registration history, mileage rollback, and much more. Here is a sample report.
If you are not financing your purchase or merely research a vehicle’s history, you may purchase a CARFAX History Report from us for $19.99 which is 50% off the regular price of $39.99. Be Smart….Be Sure!
*Program details may vary by state. Ask a Member Services Representative for details.
Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in FL, LA , and OK, where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #861338), all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago Illinois 60604, 800.752.6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In CA, where Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MBIP 08/16), it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc.
MRC-1613248.1-1016-1118 © CUNA Mutual Group 2016, All Rights Reserved.